Sunday, August 14, 2011

Huskerson Summer Update!

We've had such a wonderful, busy and full summer I figured I should write some of it out before my pregnant brain forgets.

After a crazy, busy wedding season, things are finally slowing down. (I think Birdie's wedding count is something around 28 so far this year. We only have 2 more to go before I'm off for maternity leave!)

It's been the summer of HOT. It's the only thing us Okies can talk about, but, fingers crossed,
we are beginning to get a little relief. The record breaking heat has definitely been documented in the journal we are keeping for our daughter. Much to Tyler's delight, we've been keeping all of our drapes and blinds closed most days. It feels like a cave and I'm getting a little claustrophobic. I'm looking forward to cooler days, open windows and the arrival of our sweet little bundle.

We had an awesome 4th of July at my families cabin in McAlester. Delicious food, intense card games, a fun dip in the lake, finding out what happens when a non-swim diaper goes swimming, and wonderful memories made with good friends and family.

T and I stole away to Chicagoland for a long weekend to visit friends and eat some food. We stayed with Wes and Anna and threw down at Nightwood on the Southside and ate some legit Italian at Riccardo Trattoria. Wes also made some super tight scones and Anna successfully got T and I hooked on House Hunters International. We headed out to the suburbs to stay with the other Wes and Alexandra at the end of the trip. Loved seeing their little newlywed love nest, had a wonderful cook out with them and the Grissoms and poked around Salvage One and Architectural Artifacts. Such a nice get away!

Later in July, my sweet and wonderful friends hosted such a wonderful baby shower for us. Lots of tiny, precious and adorable goodies are patiently waiting in our baby girls nursery. My friend Michelle was kind enough to demonstrate for everyone how to cloth diaper a teddy bear. :)

Aren't they all so beautiful?
I'm so fortunate to have such wonderful women as friends.


One of my favorite parts of being pregnant is that I get to experience it with two of my dearest friends. Courtney is due at the end of August with her second baby girl and Mary Ann is expecting at the end of January! I am so excited to raise our children together!


Throughout the summer, Tyler has continued to be his caring, sweet and kind self.
He's been "honey do listed" like crazy, super helpful with the delivery of all of our weddings, a constant voice of reassurance and so loving. He even took me to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Pt 2 for my birthday. I'm so glad he picked me.

As we continue to prepare for our babies birth, we have surprisingly enjoyed going to our birth classes. (Birth Matters in OKC is AWESOME!!!) I say surprisingly because I have had a lot of anxiety about our babies delivery and Tyler doesn't fair too well when it comes to hospitals and staying conscious. After each class, we feel more prepared, empowered and EXCITED!!!! We are in our 32nd week. Around 8 more to go and then we meet our sweet baby girl!!!!


1 comment:

Briana Shepley said...

You look absolutely beautiful :) Birth Matters sounds very interesting! I, too, am an anxious one when it comes to this matter and anything that could help that is well-welcomed! I'll be thinking of you guys!