We've been in our little house for just over two years & it's coming along quite nicely.
Nesting with a guy is an interesting experience!
I worried about making the house too "girlie"
for about 6 months of our marriage & realized,
Tyler doesn't care what I do
as long as he has his dude room
(and I don't paint EVERYTHING pink).
I'm not saying he isn't interested, it's just not one of his passions.
Most conversations pertaining to house stuff begins with,
Katie, "I was thinking..."
Tyler replies, "How much?"
However, we've been quite budget & eco-friendly in furnishing our home.
Most everything, save a few rugs, lamps, & our TV, is antique, vintage and/or re-purposed.
So anyway, here's how a few rooms in our little 1920s bungalow are turning out.
- Dining table: From great-grandmother Prudence's flower shop
- Raspberry and walnut chairs: Gramma VK's with Mod Green Pod Organic Fabric from Birdie
- Brown & cream rug: Target sale for 20 buck-a-roo's.
- Wooden folding chairs: Flea market find (plus 12 more! They were a really good deal!)
- Test tube flower vase: Estate sale find for $5.00
- Cremone Daisies: Birdie
- China cabinet: Antique store purchase
- China and crystal: Grammas Mann and vonKaenel
- Armless corner chairs: Gramma Mann's with new upholstery treatment
- Vintage mirror collection: Family, flea and estate sale finds
- "Sideboard": S & J's Market Place in Norman
- Vintage water dispenser: Flea Market $15
- Alabaster lamp: Gramma VK
- Lamp shade: Target
- "H" on a stand: Anthropologie
Flea market mirror reflection...
Can you find Oliver?
- Couch: Gramma VK upholstered with Mod Green Pod Aspire in Peppercorn from Birdie
- Vintage wooden slats coffee table: Free! Left by the previous owners of my parents cabin.
- Cream & red coffee table: Barn sale find for $8.00
- Damask window valences: Made by me and T with the help of some Amy Butler fabric
Photo booth fun from a friends wedding and some custom tandem bike Etsy art by Silhouette Blue
- Some of our random collection of prints and paintings: Starting from top left going clockwise, corner of Jessica Upson original "Tower Bridge", Milton Glaser, "Bob Dylan", my gramma, Portia vonKaenel, Ryan Adams and the Cardinals Cain's Ballroom and Amelia Mae "You + Me" print
- Monster globe: Flea market find (Tyler's score)
- Original Knoll Bertoia diamond chair: FREE!!! plus one from my Great Uncle Jack Walls from the Mann's Flower Shop attic
- Record Shelves: Custom built by Tyler, my brother Jeff and myself. Currently housing over 1,000 pieces of really good vinyl. Including Gentle Ghosts LP, Family
- TV Stand: Reworked vintage wardrobe with new paint job and a roll out shelf on the interior for the turntable
- Green victorian sofa: Great gramma McClure's
- Sofa table: Reclaimed wood from Roost available at Birdie by order
We really enjoy our little home and filling it with friends and memories.
Hope you enjoyed our little tour.
More to come...next stop, sunroom makeover!